After a very hectic start to the year, I was keen to take some time out and was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks at Golden Eye Hotel in Jamaica this month. Oh my gosh, what an experience it was. Taking walks along its icing-sugar-sand beaches with lush mountains in the distance, reggae playing wherever I went, and tasting those delicious Caribbean flavours – not to mention the rum cocktails – I truly feel revitalised and ready to take on what the rest of the year has to offer. Here are the places I recommend you hit up (with some help from my friend Nabil) if you get the chance to travel there.
1. Jakes Treasure Beach Hotel – book into a beachfront bungalow for a laid-back slice of paradise.
2. Kingston Dub Club – visit on a Sunday for weekly reggae sessions in the hills above Kingston.
3. Boston Jerk Centre – the original jerk spot in Port Antonio.
4. Scotchies – because you can never have enough jerk – a must-visit in Montego Bay.
5. Bob Marley Museum – an unmissable experience on the site of the legendary musician’s home.