My Time In Tokyo
Last month, I had the pleasure of spending some time in Tokyo again, a city where the energy is almost palpable. It’s like nowhere else I’ve been, and I’m fascinated by its merging of old and new, tradition and technology. I was lucky enough to take a deep dive into this mind-blowing city on my latest visit and I’m already trying to find reasons to go back. Below are the places I recommend you seek out.
- Narukiyo Izakaya – a no-menu dinner place that I am obsessed with; great food, a really fun vibe and the owner seems to have an obsession with having phallic objects all around.
- Mori Art Museum – such a cool museum with amazing exhibitions. (When I was there, I went to Listen To The Sound Of The Earth Turning, which made me rethink who we are as people and the state the world is in right now.)
- Sushi Yuu – this is my absolute favourite sushi spot.
- Studio Ghibli Museum – if you’re a fan of Ghibli anime then this is a must-see – it’s so fun to dive into this creative world (and the Ghibli theme park opened earlier this month).
- Amore Vintage – the best collection of vintage designer bags and accessories, and the occasional apparel. I try not to shop and save up to go here when I’m in Tokyo – it’s worth the wait.